I love eating soup. I love making soup. I especially love making easy soups, with not a lot of ingredients or preparation. This carrot ginger soup is one of those soups.
- one yellow onion
- 2 lbs organic carrots
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken broth (homemade or organic)
- fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Like I said, this was very easy.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter.
- Add chopped carrots. Cook until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and spices. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender (Vitamix is AMAZING). Blend until smooth.
Now look how creamy this soup is! I didn’t add any milk or cream, yet it tastes so rich and creamy!!
Liam really enjoyed it too!
Maybe a little too much…I had a difficult time stopping him from covering his whole body in orange soup.
What is your favorite soup?